Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Hump Day Hot Ticket: Luna “Friends”

Photo credit: Luz Gallardo

Yes, I am writing again about another band I have recently reviewed! Considering that I am beginning to think no one really reads this blog anyway, does it really matter? And if someone is reading, you are probably wondering: why even write if I don't think anyone is reading it anyway? Well, because I like to write, and even if no one is reading this, I will keep on writing, so I may as well write about whatever I want!

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I can talk about the new video from Luna. The second video from their covers album A Sentimental Education, Luna pays tribute to The Velvet Underground, and the timeless theme of unrequited love.

Where the previous video was filmed in black-and-white, this one is done in vibrant color. A conceptual video set in a high school, we follow a young boy as he attempts to win the heart of the girl he loves. We see that his crush is a couple of years older than he is, so clearly the girl sees him only as a friend, as she goes off with other boys closer to her own age. In the hallways, a band plays: they all look like younger versions of Luna! It is cute to see how they must have looked in high school.

As the video progresses, we watch the boy's various tactics to get the girl to notice him. He has a knack for making cute flip books, starring a dog character, whom we see in stuffed animal form. These little books entertain her, but clearly the cute older boy has her full interest. At first, it appears that the two boys do not like each other (or that the elder is wary of the younger), but the girl comes along, encouraging them to join her as they go out to the school football field, where the band is playing and everyone is having a good time. The stuffed animal makes an appearance too, but I can't spoil the ending, can I?

For more information on Luna, visit their official website.


1 comment: